Monday, September 23, 2013

Product Review: Kaboom Foam-Tastic® Tub &Tile Cleaner


The Promise:


From the manufacturer's website:


Kaboom® Foam-Tastic® (Fresh Scent)Kaboom® Foam-Tastic® (Fresh Scent)
Tired of tough scrubbing? Try Kaboom® Foam-Tastic, the only foaming cleaner that changes color to let you know the surface is clean.100% TOUGH®! As it sprays on blue, the OxiClean® stain-fighting bubbles get to work powering through soap scum, hard water, and calcium and lime stains. When it turns white you just wipe away to reveal a deep clean and a sparkling shine with absolutely no dull residue left behind. See the clean! Kaboom Foam-Tastic will not stain surfaces and it leaves behind a fresh scent. No hard scrubbing. Kaboom!…. and the stain is GONE














The Reality:

Recently I had the opportunity to tryout Kaboom Foam-Tastic tub and tile cleaner and I have to say I was pretty impressed with the end result, if not the process. I'll explain.

After reading the instructions on the back (as I recommend doing before using any new or unfamiliar product) I immediately turned my attention to the tub and shower, as that is where the product is advertised to do the most work. As directed I shook the can and sprayed down the shower walls and tub basin. I have to admit, it was a little surreal watching the product dispense from the can in a powdery purple spray of foam. In some places it immediately turned white as promised, while in others it took some time fading from the rich lavender to soapy-white indicating that the cleaning processes was complete. I assume these areas held more soap scum than the others.

After the shower stall and tub had reverted to it's original coloring I wiped down the walls to remove any excess soap scum.and then used a cup to rinse off the walls, shower head, and faucet handles. (Cleaning Tip: Be realistic about cleaners. They are not all going to penetrate all of the grime or scum the area you are cleaning, no matter how outlandish the promise.. You will still have to use a rag and a rinse to get it 100% clean). Let me warn you, use an exhaust vent if the bathroom has one or leave the door open when using this product. While the vapors were not nearly as harsh as some of the other cleaners that I have used it really cleaned out my sinuses. I'd say about like eating a couple of good and hot jalapenos. You may decide to use a dust mask.

During the rinse off I was immdiately impressed. The shower walls and the faucets handles were simply gleaming. (Cleaning Tip: Water will make anything look nice and shiny, as long as it stays wet. As soon as it dries however, the spots show up!) I decided to let it air dry a bit and would come back for the final wipe down before I decided if I liked this cleaner. After finishing off the commode and the sink basin I used a soft towel to wipe down the walls of the shower and bathtub, removing any remaining water drops and drying everything up. This step is crucial in your cleaning process if you want to avoid water spots on everything. Anyway, as promised the Kaboom Foam-Tastic cleaner with the crazy purple spray came through in the end. 

The Good, The Bad, The Clean:

Easy To Use? - Yes
Harshness of Chemicals - Nose-burning
Works as Promised? - Yes
Use Again? - Yes
 

List of Ingredients - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment